Things to remember when making an appointment:
- You need a GP referral to see a specialist
- Tell the staff which body part, or generally what your complaint is, so we can better tailor your appointment
- Bring all relevant X-rays, not just the reports, even the "normal" ones. (YOU MUST BRING AN XRAY OR A SCAN OR THE CD WITH THESE ON IT. A REPORT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAN SURGERY OR TREATMENT.)
- ON LINE XRAYS ARE UNRELIABLE.
- PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR X-RAYS
- Bring all insurance, Medicare, TAC, DVA, Workcover details If possible provide a mobile number, so if we have delays, (SURGERY TIMES CAN SOMETIMES BE UNPREDICTABLE) we can contact you ASAP.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will gather your referral and x-rays, and ask you to fill out a form for registration. We require a GP referral so that your Medicare rebate can be claimed. All X-rays should be brought to the appointment, not just the reports.
- Bring any details of your private insurance, Workcover, TAC, DVA, claims. When making an appointment the staff will clearly tell you the fees required on the day, and they will inform you of the rebate you can expect.
- You need to tell us briefly your problem or affected body part, as some things may not be treated by Dr. Boecksteiner and our staff can accurately direct you to our recommended specialists in that area.